The ‘glove’ poll has been closed and the results are in. It’s almost neck and neck with nitrile gloves (29%) vs cotton gloves (26%).
Close behind was “Other answer” with comments including:
- clean hands policy, cotton or nitrile gloves when viewing some formats
- When using photos or rare books
- Only when handling photos or metal items
- depends on fragility of material i.e. clean hands in this case otherwise nitrile
- When photos or metal is handled; for paper no gloves are required
It appears that the traditional cotton style has been slowly overtaken by the disposable nitrile variety.
Until the next poll…
By the way, if you have a question you’d like answered in a future poll please contact us.