The team at CSU Regional Archives, Wagga Wagga have put together a blog On Record @ CSU Regional Archives featuring posts based on items in their collection. Here is a sample of their work.
Roller skating has proven to be a favourite pastime for the people of Wagga Wagga, with a number of skating rinks existing in the town over the years.
This keenness for skating is supported by the fact that during the winter months of 1888 there was enough interest to necessitate the existence of two competing skating rinks. The first to open on May 7, 1888 was the Wagga Roller Skating Rink located in the Freemason’s Hall, and was followed by the Victoria Skating Rink on June 1, 1888 which saw the Albion Flour Mill on the corner of Kincaid and Trail Street transformed into a first class skating floor.