2010 is rapidly coming to a close and Archives Outside will be on hiatus for a couple of weeks while we all take a break.
What a busy year blogging, sharing, learning and reading! It’s been both hard work and a lot of fun. We hope you have enjoyed visiting and will do so again in 2011.
In case you can’t wait until then we decided to list some of our favourite posts here:
We refer to these posts frequently:
- Useful tips for reading handwritten documents
- What are your tips for dating photographs?
- PDF list of tips for dating photos (updated Oct 2011)
- Digital camera in the reading room
To date there are seven conservation posts providing tips on a range of topics. Our faves (and possibly influenced by the recent deluges here) are:
Moments in Time
Very hard to pick ones from this popular series:
From our friends in regional NSW
Again, a difficult choice but some highlights are:
- Land record found! A stray returns from the “Land of the Beardies”
- Can you date this photo? Tank Parade, Armidale
- Tom Lennon Photographic Collection
- Women’s Fire Auxiliary (Wagga Wagga)
State Records staff have also been blogging here:
- Archives that literally saved my life
- 1870 Convict records disposal schedule
- Are some records more open than others?
- Hidden stories: WWI Nurses as Soldier Settlers
See you next year!